Considering adding a real estate newsletter to your marketing efforts but not sure whether to go with email and/or print? Here are some points to consider and sources for newsletter creation we are familiar with.
- Once you commit to distributing a newsletter, stick with it! Consistency is key.
- Know your audience and the message you want to convey with every newsletter.
- Print newsletters have a cost. Most audiences respond well to email newsletters, but if you target retirees they will appreciate print. If you do go with print, consider quarterly distribution over monthly.
- Develop a template for the layout and topic headlines so your newsletter has a similar look and feel with each issue.
- Outline your content for a year’s worth of newsletters. You don’t have to write the content all at once, just make sure you are sticking with your theme.
- No need to have all original content, include great content from various resources. Create a folder on your browser for newsletter content and bookmark websites like NAR’s REALTOR® Content Resource, RISMedia, patch.com and local sites (newspapers, REALTOR® association, HOA/homebuilder sites) for easy access. Always give credit where due when using third-party sources.
Ready to design your newsletter? There are a lot of tools to choose from. Here are a few that work well.
MailChimp: Easy learning curve, lots of templates and it keeps up with unsubscribes for you. Best for email newsletters only.
ConstantContact: Like MailChimp, they have many templates too.
ServiceForLife: Real estate centric, they offer print, email and social media newsletter distribution. Requires a bit of tweaking if you want to edit their 1-Minute version but still a fast, efficient tool.
RealtyTimes: A real estate news and advice site, they have an agent publicity package that includes an email and/or print newsletter, market conditions report and a daily news feed for your website.
MS Publisher: For print newsletters only. Little old school but design options are flexible enough and printing is easy.
No time to take care of your newsletter yourself? Our turn-key support includes conceptualizing, designing and distributing a targeted, timely resource for your audience. Let’s talk!